Institutional corporate governance
- Investment Committees are established to ensure that all investments are conducted in accordance with the mandates of the Fund formation documents.
- Advisory Committees are also established by nomination of leading institutional investors to ensure independence of fund operations, to review the Funds’ matters regularly and to approve any conflicts of interest that may arise.
Seasoned investment professionals with unique China experience to identify real estate opportunities and create lasting value
- CITIC Capital has developed strong partnership with top Chinese developers. Through co-operating with local partners, CITIC Capital has unique opportunity to acquire or co-invest in local partners’ development projects.
- Extensive China knowledge and network are the key to identify real estate opportunities, such as distressed properties with poor management but high value added potential, or developers which are willing to sell retail or commercial portion due to higher requirement for asset management capabilities and longer investment horizon.
- Dedicated investment team with international exposure is able to execute any complex transactions professionally and timely.
Strong China market insight through CITIC Capital’s unparalleled shareholder base, networks and resources
- CITIC Capital: One of the most established and leading players in private equity real estate in China since 2006, with unrivalled strategic relationships with many of the major developers in China.
- CITIC Group: As China’s largest financial conglomerate, CITIC Group encompasses leading institutions such as China CITIC Bank, CITIC Securities and CITIC Trust, with broad and deep networks to support our deal origination, local government relationships, due diligence, local market insight and execution.
In-house development capabilities
- CITIC Capital is one of the few private equity real estate investors with a specifically dedicated project and development team, staffed with experienced industry professionals, to assume the development role or work closely with the development partner for development projects.
- Active involvement in development cost control and process during entire property development process to ensure property completion within budget.
Active asset management
- In addition to acquisition and development, CITIC Capital is a full-service real estate firm which can add value throughout the development process and beyond. CITIC Capital has established a core asset management platform which is set up to lead each project's retail or commercial asset management functions.
- A centralized management system will be set up for each investment and controlled and monitored by the Fund manager.
- The alignment of interests between asset manager and the Fund ensures that the ongoing operation of the property is well balanced.
Rigorous risk management
- CITIC Capital relies on three pillars in its risk management process: (1) a rigorous investment process; (2) close monitoring; and (3) limitations.
- Well established and defined investment policies and procedures for the investment process, including sourcing, evaluating, structuring, conducting due diligence, negotiating, executing, monitoring and exiting investments, as well as pursuing asset management or operational improvements, are in place.
- Our dedicated investment team is responsible for monitoring the performance of each investment and to institute appropriate action in the event of a deviation from the plan throughout the investment period.
- Limitations, such as single investment amount, borrowing amount or the geographic region in which the Fund can invest, have been established for each strategy.
Global institutional investor base
- Sophisticated investors from Europe, North America, Asia and Middle East.
- Diversified investors from pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowment funds, fund of funds, investment corporations and multinational companies.